If you’re looking for some homemade solutions to add shine to your face, there’s nothing better than Multani Mitti, aka fuller’s land. It helps you get rid of tan, acne and blemishes, leaving your skin refreshed. In short, it works wonders on your skin, especially if you add these 5 ingredients to it, it has tons of cleansing and glowing benefits.
Dr Rinky Kapoor, consultant dermatologist, cosmetic dermatologist and dermato-surgeon, The Esthetic Clinics, tells HealthShots: “A legacy from the culture-rich land of Multan, Multani Mitti or fuller land benefits the skin in many ways. From glowing skin to acne control, Multani Mitti can be safely used on all skin types.”
So, do you want to know about these 5 ingredients that can help you get glowing skin fast? If so, check out these DIY face masks.
Here are some tried and tested Multani Mitti face packs for your skin
1. Add lemon juice if you have oily skin
Multani Mitti absorbs all excess oil from the skin and cleanses the skin. In addition, it increases blood circulation, which can help the skin stay healthy. Adding lemon juice to it can provide your skin with vitamin C and antioxidants that help keep your skin even and soothe irritated skin.
To use it:
* Mix 1 tablespoon of full earth with rose water and lemon juice.
*Apply the smooth paste on the face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
* Rinse with cold water.
* You can use this pack twice a week.
2. Add neem powder if you have acne
Multani Mitti deeply cleanses pores and removes acne-causing bacteria. And because neem powder has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it can help remove acne and acne scars when mixed with Multani Mitti.
Here’s how to use it:
* Mix 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti with 1 tablespoon of neem powder, 1 tablespoon of nutmeg powder, 2 tablespoons of raw honey and 1 or 2 drops of apple cider vinegar.
* Use this thick paste and spread evenly on face and neck.
* Wash after dry.
* You can use this face pack once a week.
3. Add amla powder for clearer skin
Multani Mitti has great cooling properties and if you mix it with amla to prepare a face mask, it will become rich in collagen which will keep your skin firm and smooth. In addition, amla is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C, which can brighten the skin and brighten the complexion.
You can use it by:
* Mix 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti with 1 tablespoon of amla powder, some papaya/strawberry pulp and rose water to make a thick paste.
*Apply to face and neck evenly and wash off when dry.
* Use this pack twice a week.
4. Add coffee for healthy skin
Coffee is a wonderful ingredient for the skin. It is an excellent exfoliant and helps to stimulate blood flow. Therefore, it can help add shine to your face, reduce acne and remove impurities, making your face glow and smooth.
Here’s how to use it:
*Take 1 spoon of coffee powder, 1 spoon of Multani Mitti, 1 spoon of green tea, 1 spoon of raw milk
*Apply this mixture on your face for 10 minutes.
* Rinse with water.
* Do this once a week.
5. Add coconut water to remove the tan
Multani Mitti helps fight blemishes and reduces tan and pigmentation. Adding coconut water in Multani Mitti can make the mask refreshing and moisturizing and will nourish your skin.
Make a pack by:
* Mix 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti with 2 tablespoons of coconut water.
*Apply to face and neck and other tanned areas
* And let it rest for 15 minutes
* Wash with cold water
* Use this pack every other day.
Multani Mitti can dry out your skin, so make sure you use a good moisturizer and SPF on your skin. Do a patch test before using it on the face packs.