Fall sets – naam toh suna hi hoga? Well, if not, it’s time you shook hands with this one, because once you make friends with drop sets at your gym, there’s no looking back. They are an absolute treat for those looking for muscle toning and strengthening, which will help them achieve their hot body goals.
So let’s stop the gyaan session and get to work!
What is a dropset?
First of all, scare not scarlet as drop set is a form of resistance training and nothing high bottom. This works wonderfully for people like me who are always short on time but want the best results from their workout.
There are two types:
- Drop set with weights: In this drop set variant, you play with weights. Basically, you lift lighter weights to heavier ones and vice versa. In this, the number of repetitions remains the same. For example, you have three dumbbells of 3kg, 5kg and 7.5kg. So you do 7 reps of 3-5-7.5 and then 7 reps of 7.5-5-3.
- Drop sets with reps: In this drop set, you play with weights and reps. Here’s how you can do this – for example, you have three dumbbells of 3kg, 5kg and 7.5kg. So, lighter weight, more reps, and heavier weight, smaller, slower reps. 3kg dumbbells – 15 reps, 5kg dumbbells – 10 reps and 7.5kg dumbbells – 7 reps, now do the same in descending order.
Why am I stuck on making a drop set instead of regular ones?
Without a doubt, the drop set really worked for me and that’s why I want to share this amazing way to build muscle with you!
- Drop set helped me tone my muscles: The kind of tension I experience while doing a drop set was immense. Not only did it increase the strength of my muscles, but it burned a lot of calories! The reason is that your muscles are all tense and the strength you need to hit the next rep is immense. Thus, more fat burning and better muscle toning.
- This helped me build resistance: I’m not one to lift very heavy weights and that was the main reason I didn’t get to see the kind of results I always wanted. But in drop sets, you go from lower to higher weights and vice versa. This not only strengthened my muscles, but also led me to heavier weights. And the results are right in front of me.
- My stamina also has something to say about drop sets: Well, he’s grateful because after drop sets, it’s increased dramatically. Of course, an increase in stamina is the result of the two things I shared above.
- Not to forget that I save a lot of time: I left the best for last. Doing drop sets has saved me a lot of time because I don’t have to do an excruciating number of reps. Drop sets are a perfect example of kum mein zada benefits.
Some tips that helped me make a drop set
- Be selective with weights. Don’t just lift something that will spoil your form
- The same goes for your representatives.
- Stack the weights because you don’t have to take a break from a drop set
- don’t forget to breathe
- Do not give a break of more than one minute between two drop sets
- Do not exaggerate
Nobody said drop sets will be easy. But once you taste it, you just can’t get enough. Guaranteed!